Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas ma'am?

A: Would like a box of Christmas magic powder? Since it's Christmas season, It's buy 1 get 1. Isn't it fun?
B: What's that for?
A: It helps you to decide what things to buy for Christmas.
B: And?
A: And, helps you to believe again that what we need for Christmas is Santa Claus comes to your house to fulfill your dreams.
B: Cool! I'd like one. How much is it?
A: $5/ box, ma'am.
B: Here you go.
A: Nice meeting you. Merry X'mas!

When I enter shopping malls, there are lots lots lots of Christmas decorations. Beside the Christmas tree, there will be a big poster "Christmas sale up to 70%". Ok, don't get me wrong. I love Christmas decorations, I love discount, who don't? but when the core idea of Christmas is buried under thousands of presents. I can't feel the peace and warmth of Christmas. Don't intend to be very spiritual, but let us not forget the real meaning of Christmas-the new hope of salvation.

No comments: