Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm so dark!

Today is a snorkling day! We went around three Gilis - Gili Air, Gili Meno, and Gili Trawangan. The tide was high! Mixed with "nekat" and curiosity, I pushed myself into the water. The first stop-Gili Trawangan, I snorkled with fins. It was quite confusing at first as it was the first time I used them. But I figured it out then. I saw many beautiful-striking-color coral reefs. The second stop-Gili Meno, it's the best place to see turtles. But because I used life jackets, it was very hard for me to swim. I couldn't catch up with the others. And I didn't see any of the turtles! Sobs sobs sobs! The third stop-(supposed to be) Gili Air, since the current was high (again), we moved closer to Gili Trawangan. We snorkled around the sinking ship. It was so magical!

It was a very tiring day for us since we are city girls. We rarely do this stuff. But, because we didn't want to waste our time on beautiful island, we rented bikes and caught the sunset. The weather was good and we could see the sunset clearly! It was worthy to bike and almost bumped cidomo and bumped (for real) a bule. This experience gave me lots of things, especially hurt on my ring finger (coz I bumped the bule) and my bottoms! ;)

We closed our last day on Gili Trawangan by having (again) another expensive dinner. My dream came true! I got the chance to try the seafood kebab! Best pick of the day :p

And, of course, the world cup fever also flooded every bars. We stayed at the bar till late to watch the game: Brazil-Portugal. Irene and I could only watch till the first half of the game then we went back to our homestay.

I just wanna reaffirm the information in the books if it is written: "you should bring flashlight", then you should! The lights shine the street. So if there is no restaurant or bar around, there will be no light too!

PS: Our homestay names Getaway Holiday.

No comments: