Saturday, July 25, 2009

The 'Arrogant' Me

Lately, I feel that I am being arrogant and stubborn again. I am fully aware that I am arrogant and stubborn, I don't like it, but I still act that way. 

Rom. 19-20: For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I think many people misintepret these verses and use them as a great excuse to commit sin, and I am one of them. It's so annoying and tiring to be in that situation. You want to break it, but somehow deep inside you feel the 'comfort' there. 

Hbr 10: 26-27: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Rom 12: 11 - Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord.

No comments: