Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When kids go green

It was April's theme (yeah, I know it's late for months) actually: Earth Day. Students were introduced to global warming, deforestation, recycle. It's such as a big theme for them to understand, I think, but they grabbed the idea of it, I'm amazed. So, we went to nearest greenest place around our school - Tzu Chi. Though I'm not Buddhist, but I have to admit I respect this organization. Teachers were excited, and so were students. 

Group pic! Celestine was not there, instead Jodie (from Rhino class) represented her 

Tzu Chi workers explained about what things can be recycled

Ms Irene reexplained it in English :) to make sure they really got it

While Ms Irene was busy explaining about recycling, Edward was busy too explaining it to his pal

It's sorting time! Paper here! Cans there! Plastic over there!

Chris helped his earth by recycling his paper

I hope there are more awareness actions held to help our earth, not only for adults but also for kids. 

No comments: