Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Does your clothes speak about you?

Recently I realize that I dress to impress people, to show how important I am, to show how valuable I am, to show how fashionable I am. Some people are ok about it. You dress to impress others. But some people say the important thing is your beautiful soul, not your clothes.
So, is that ok to buy expensive dress to 'upgrade' yourself? Or should we just wear t-shirt and jeans all the time?
Some say when rich people wear inexpensive clothes, somehow the clothes will look expensive. Whereas, even how hard low-economic people try to impress people on their expensive clothes, the clothes will look inexpensive. So, does it mean clothes doesn't matter?
I prefer t-shirt and jeans in terms of comfort. But my mom always asks me to dress other than those to beautify my average look. And somehow, I feel so 'cheap' when I dress up t-shirt and jeans, particularly in Medan. Medanese are so aware of their look. They always dress the latest fashion on the day. Clothes from previous trend are prohibited to wear on the current trend. You can see people are wearing the same kind of clothes everywhere in Medan when the clothes are on the trend. People judge from their look and clothes. Are clothes that important to 'upgrade' your status?
Hmm... Maybe when men read about this post, they will laugh at women for being so exaggerated about their clothes.

3 comments:

Andrew Au said...

Hey, don't allow peer pressure to get the better of you. Remember that a "Self-actualized" person doesn't really care about the dress code at all.
However, my point of view is that if it keeps you confident then why not give a try. Of course, then we would be talking about the means to do so. You are beautiful in your own way. Cheers...

Unknown said...

thanks :) Haven't seen any new post in your blog. How are you doing there?

Andrew Au said...

My blog has been as idle as the furniture in my house. Nothing special to write about. Maybe Facebook is a better place to know catch up through the pictures that are posted.

I'm fine here. Just tired with some marking of assignments.