Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How Arrogant Can You Be?

Yes, to what extent is arrogance allowed in oneself?
Not at all, a pinch of it, a teaspoon of it, or a whole world?
I myself allow it conquers over me as big as the whole world. It just eats me alive. It hinders me from being a better person, from socializing with others, from others'blessing, and especially from God's blessing on me.
I just clearly remember how arrogant I can be recently. Defining arrogance, arrogance/ pride is, depending on the context, either a high sense of the worth of one's self or one's own or a pleasure taken in the contemplation of these things, according to Wikipedia.
I tried to analyze myself from my childhood (since I am a psychology graduate, I think It's ok to get free evaluation on myself from myself) which makes me so arrogant. I can't find one. (am I being arrogant too for stating nothing's wrong with me?). But being as objective as I want to be, there's no special events that trigger me to be an arrogant person. I am an extremely ordinary person with no extraordinary wishes. But there's the deal, if I am a simple person, why do I claim myslef as an arrogant person? Haikz, I feel so confused myself.
Is it arrogant to do your best 100% till asking other's help will be your last option?
I don't think so. But many think so.
For better thought, which is more arrogant to keep doing the best you can do continuosly or to do your best at a time and leave it to The Supreme to handle?

No comments: