Saturday, November 15, 2008

JUNO



This was the latest movie I watched. I got to know it from Oprah Show, when they discussed about the movie. I thought it’d be a quite nice drama movie to watch. One of the movie which you can maintain your eyes’ health by ejecting some tears and expelling some dirt on them. And yes it was great! It‘s totally a best-quality movie. Love its special cartoon opening, unusual heard songs (in my ears, some kinds of old songs, or indie perhaps, or non-commercial money-making songs but expression of souls). It’s just so unique for me. Love some parts of the movie… Love when Juno’s stepmom verbally abused the ultrasound technician. It just showed me ‘mom is mom, and mom is the best person in the world’. Love the scene when Vanessa was just proclaimed to be a newly mom. Love when Juno’s dad told the characteristics of best partner that she might have ‘the best thing you can do is to find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you. The right person’s still gonna think that the sun shines out of your ass. That’s kind of person that’s worth sticking with’. Love the note of “Vanessa, if you’re still in, I’m still in. Juno”. It showed me how big the sacrifice she had made and how hard she decided it.

But there are some of questions that I haven’t got the answers. Why made Juno firmly decide that Vanessa was the best mom for her son, though the marriage was not as perfect as she wanted? How was the feeling of being mom but you didn’t wanna see your own son, didn’t wanna know anything about him? Although she was not serious or not really madly in love with Bleeker, but their son was still their ‘product’ of love… Would they remember the son when they had the following baby? I wonder…

Two thumbs up though!

Looking for The sisterhood of Travelling Pants II....

No comments: