Sunday, September 5, 2010

2-day Shopping Thoughts

My sis came back for holiday. She and my parents are going to Spain for holiday. Assessing her wardrobe, we really believe she needs SHOPPING! So, as the only girl who can drive and shop, I was elected to be their chauffeur. I drove them wherever they want to shop and was honoredly asked to be their fashion adviser. My advise was taken seriously, by my surprise, as you can see my own style will be harshly criticized by high-end fashion doers.

Two-day shopping was tiring. I am still young and I love traveling, but if you ask me to go shopping when I have no intend to buy a thing would be a very tiring activity (except for giving advises although it isn't easy). My legs easily got tired while we were adventuring to find good clothes. My thoughts while my sis and mom busy shopping:

1. Females choose short-term-used item (clothes/bag/shoes). We (including me) choose items that too expensive-and-outstanding-and-short-lived goods (if I may use the words) which we will get bored soon and throw both money and item. We are delighted to find cute and unique item so that people will notice we have something new.
Study case: "A" bought a doll-pictured-with-sharp-color shirt which people easily notice and praise how cute she is when she wore it for the first time. The second time she wore it, she is still cute. The third and fourth times, she looked childish. Finally she decided to end the shirt's life.

2. Females are indecisive. We tend to choose a beautiful item which does not match our personality. Confusedly, we still spend a quite time to think whether it's ok to force it to ourselves. For me, it's ok that we have some items which we don't normally wear. It adds surprise to our lives. However, if we force something which way too far from our personality. It's wasting money!
Study case: "B" bought these pairs of studded-gray shoes which cause her to look double her age. She wore them once. And for the rest of those shoes, they spent it inside the box.

Recently I am learning to restrain myself from buying short-lived items. It's hard. But Hopefully in three months, I'm collecting long-lived items. Hopefully.

No comments: