Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Apology and Condolence

I've been ignorant these past years (almost a decade!) on September 11 incident. I knew something huge happened, but I didn't give any specific attention on it. Until yesterday I watched this show-My 911, on National Geographic, as memoriam to the victims. And with all my heart, I'd like to say sorry to all the families and friends who died on Sept 11, 2001. May all the souls rest in peace. I think it's better late than never.

I paid huge respect to all passengers on Flight 93 who bravely took control over the plane even though they knew the consequences of their action. It doesn't mean I don't respect other passengers from other planes, no sacrifice is higher than another on that day. All people - police officers, fire fighters, pilots, doctors and all medical workers, reporters, photographers, volunteers - who contributed are heroes to date.

I also particularly paid respect to this dog, Salty. A dog helped a blind man, Omar Rivera, to get out from the tower although his master had sent him free because the emergency stairs were too crowded for him. But Salty came back and sticked to his master until they both got out from the tower.
Salty is awarded as one of animal heroes

Omar Rivera with his new dog after Salty has been put to sleep forever


One of reminders for us to eradicate terrorism.
It is a great video by Jonathan Wong.
Music: The Fray-How to save a life.

No comments: